Queensland Orthotic Lab has recently released a new system for ulcer treatment, the APOLLO Ulcer Rx System.
Developed by Queanbeyan podiatrist Allan Donnelly in conjunction with QOL, the APOLLO device consists of a specifically designed total contact orthotic and a removable Aircast walking boot.
Provides an incredibly cost-effective and clinically-effective solution to treating plantar ulcers, this new product was awarded the inaugural Innovation Tank Award at the 2018 Wounds Australia National Conference due to its;
- ease of use,
- low cost and
- longevity around effective plantar off-loading measures.
How to order
- Using Plaster of Paris, STS slipper cast or a foam box, cast the patient in subtalar joint neutral with the ulcer site clearly marked.
- Use a waterproof dressing to cover the ulcer site and mark with lipstick.
- Ensure the ulcer site is clearly visible on the cast.
- Please ensure plaster is fully cured (leave for 24 hours) before shipping.
- Patient name and ulcer must be clearly marked on cast.
- Please ship in a box along with a completed prescription form to QOL, 1/10 Christine Place, Capalaba, QLD, 4157.
Queensland Orthotic Lab is proud to offer the APOLLO Ulcer Rx System as part of our approach to the most challenging pathologies.